Unable to access a picture CD from USA

Dannyb 10:20 25 Mar 03

I have received a CD-R disc from America which contains images of my grandaughter. However, when I try to view it I cannot access the formats shown which are .mpeg/.xvcd/.vcd/.dat I have tried it both in my DVD drive and CD drive without success. I am using Windows 2000 Pro. I assume I will need to download a programme to view it but which programme and from where. I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks

MAJ 10:32 25 Mar 03

Put the CD-R in your CD drive while holding down the Shift key on your keyboard (that will stop it autorunning), right click on the CD drive icon in "My Computer" and choose "Explore". Then right click on the .DAT file and choose "Open With" then choose Windows Media Player as the program to view with. Make sure NOT to tick the little box which says "Always use this program to open files of this type". That might get something showing.

Dannyb 10:59 25 Mar 03

MAJ

Thanks a lot, yes, that's worked and we're now looking a video clips. Thanks again
Danny

MAJ 11:07 25 Mar 03

Glad to help, Danny, enjoy your pictures. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…