unable to access password protected sites

rioboy 19:25 18 May 04

A work colleague recently lost her PSU,motherboard and memory due to a power blip. (Running XP).

I replaced the 3 items and built her another machine and now she can't access her banking sites, hotmail or any site where she has a user name and password.

Could this be anything to do with the fact that on her original machine she was known as Anjee but on the replacement machine she asked me to put her down as Ange?

There is only one account on the PC (herself).

Mo H 19:30 18 May 04

As far as I am aware her username and login for the website should suffice. Howeever, Check Internet Settings and see if settings are correct in Security. Try the default level and see if they work. also see if Java Scripting is enabled. Of course it may be totally wrong but it's an idea.

johnnyrocker 19:33 18 May 04

check also firewall config which may have changed and pop up?

johnny.

Graham ® 19:54 18 May 04

If she has changed her user name for the site, she will not be able to log on until she has logged on using the old name and then changed it to the new one.

rioboy 20:41 18 May 04

Thanks for the replies.

Graham ®, not quite sure what you mean. Her username and password for the sites have remained the same. However her username for Windows XP has changed. I was wondering whether this would hve any effect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…