//some 3rd party need geo

Unable to access Microsoft Word

capnsofa 21:16 16 Apr 05

My system is Windows 98, which has been operating satisfactorily, but today I have been unable to access any Microsoft Word files.
Every time I attempt this, I get the message "Fatal exception OE at 0187:BFF9DFFF" and I am told the application is being terminated.
I then have to go throuigh the rigmarole of 'CTRL/ALT/DEL' to get started again.
I have reinstalled the Word program, but this has not helped - other programs, such as Excel, are working OK.
Can you help as I have to get out 20 odd letters which are 'trapped' on disk, before I go on holiday on Monday!!!

UncleBulgaria 21:26 16 Apr 05

Try this
click here

Simsy 07:35 17 Apr 05

but as there seems to be some urgency, perhaps you can try starting in safe mode and see if you can get access to them that way, or, if they're not too complicated with graphics/tables/links, you might be able to open them with WordPad.

Alternatively, you could download/install one of the other office suites, such as OpenOffice, and open them with that.

Other fixes to try are to do a "Repair" of Word, via the "Help" menu, or rename, (hence disabling) the "Normal.dot" template.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…