Unable to access Microsoft Download Sites

Pastor Joe 21:00 19 Nov 08

XP SP2. IE7 & Firefox
AVG & Windows Firewall

Just set up a new PC and am unable to access any of the Microsoft Download Sites.

Tried to Download:

Net.Framework
IE8 Bita
Microsoft Validation

All I get is 'Page not found'

Turned off AVG and Firewall, no help.

I can download files from any other site, just not microsoft. When I try to go to any of the microsoft sites I get redirected to MSN.com and then have to find my way to the download site I want.

Also no 'Open in new tab' option available on right click with no Google Toolbar installed.

Security is set to 'Medium High'

lotvic 21:38 19 Nov 08

What happens when you click on Validate Windows on w w w microsoft com / genuine click here

Pastor Joe 21:57 19 Nov 08

I either get 'Page not found' or a blank page

lotvic 22:19 19 Nov 08

Try disconnecting (switch off completely and take connection wire out) your modem / router for 1 min and then reconnecting it.

Pastor Joe 22:26 19 Nov 08

Ran Spyware Terminator.
Deleted Cookies & Downloads
Ran Addaware
Ran Hijack This
Tried restarting everything
Reset security to Medium and reset IE Advanced settings

Same problem. It appears I cannot download anything from Microsoft but I can download from any other site.

Also when I click on any link in google I go to random websites, never the ones I expected to go to

lotvic 10:49 20 Nov 08

"Also when I click on any link in google I go to random websites, never the ones I expected to go to"

That's a sure sign of infection, you have been hijacked
follow the advice in this thread click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…