Unable to access Microsoft Download Sites

Pastor Joe 21:00 19 Nov 08

XP SP2. IE7 & Firefox
AVG & Windows Firewall

Just set up a new PC and am unable to access any of the Microsoft Download Sites.

Tried to Download:

Net.Framework
IE8 Bita
Microsoft Validation

All I get is 'Page not found'

Turned off AVG and Firewall, no help.

I can download files from any other site, just not microsoft. When I try to go to any of the microsoft sites I get redirected to MSN.com and then have to find my way to the download site I want.

Also no 'Open in new tab' option available on right click with no Google Toolbar installed.

Security is set to 'Medium High'

lotvic 21:38 19 Nov 08

What happens when you click on Validate Windows on w w w microsoft com / genuine click here

Pastor Joe 21:57 19 Nov 08

I either get 'Page not found' or a blank page

lotvic 22:19 19 Nov 08

Try disconnecting (switch off completely and take connection wire out) your modem / router for 1 min and then reconnecting it.

Pastor Joe 22:26 19 Nov 08

Ran Spyware Terminator.
Deleted Cookies & Downloads
Ran Addaware
Ran Hijack This
Tried restarting everything
Reset security to Medium and reset IE Advanced settings

Same problem. It appears I cannot download anything from Microsoft but I can download from any other site.

Also when I click on any link in google I go to random websites, never the ones I expected to go to

lotvic 10:49 20 Nov 08

"Also when I click on any link in google I go to random websites, never the ones I expected to go to"

That's a sure sign of infection, you have been hijacked
follow the advice in this thread click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…