Unable to access Lycos after upgrade win 2000

Valvegrid 19:44 31 Jul 03

Hi folks,

This is a strange one, I can usually sort out most problems, but this ones got me beat at the moment.

A friend at work has Windows 2000, recently upgraded to SP4 on her computer at home. Since upgrading she is unable to access her Lycos accounts using OE6, it did work previous to upgrading. This is the error message:

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.lycos.co.uk', Server: 'pop.lycos.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: 'Need Full Email Address as Login or Username', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

She can still access the account on web mail. Her ISP is ukonline, her email account on ukonline is working OK using OE6.

We have tried using a computer at work running Windows 2000 and it works fine on all her accounts.

I can?t begin to imagine why an upgrade would give problems to one account and not the other, but any ideas or guesses would be most welcome.

Thanks

Paul.

Valvegrid 21:52 31 Jul 03

I'm trying to get her to delete the dbx files, can someone just confirm that they are in View Folder options then the View tab in Windows 2000 similar to 98SE.

Thanks

Paul.

Valvegrid 21:53 31 Jul 03

Sorry I ment to say I'm trying to make sure they are not hidden.

Valvegrid 22:27 31 Jul 03

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…