Unable to access live NRL on Big Pond

rchick 12:55 26 Jun 09

I am trying to access live Australian Rugby League on BigPond which is being shown following the demise of Setanta.

click here

This service is only available in the UK but I get the message "Unable to access as content as you are in the wrong territory".

I can access the content that is not being shown live but not the live stream.

I am using Firefox, how do I set up Firefox to show that I am in the UK.

Rahere 13:34 26 Jun 09

The website probably checks your IP address and knows you aren't in the UK so not much hope, sorry

rchick 15:00 26 Jun 09

I am in the UK with Virgin Media (NTL) as my ISP

Rahere 16:47 26 Jun 09

unless the live feed is blocked
a) it's the wrong time of day
b) it's subcription only

just a guess unless your firefox is set to the the wrong country - tried IE?

rchick 17:18 26 Jun 09

IE gives the same result.

a) Time is correct
b) It is free and others I know can access the feed.

VoG II 18:39 26 Jun 09

Try unplugging your set top box or router from the mains for a couple of minutes. When you power-up again you should be assigned a new IP address.

caccy 18:53 26 Jun 09

rchick
Have just viewed the site.at the lowest rate, (advert and rugby) using Mozilla firefox 3.0.11 and Plusnet as my ISP. Needed a windows media plug-in for it to work this was requested by the programme.
Hope this helps

rchick 23:07 26 Jun 09

I have downloaded the media plug in.

I can view the site when it is showing replays but not the live shows intended for the UK free of charge

rchick 09:11 27 Jun 09

It now seems to be working I am not sure what I have alterd

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…