Unable to access Internet Explorer or Outlook

Wodzie 12:35 28 Aug 03

I have a pc at home running W2000 and am unable to open internet explorer - application error 0x702040be referenced memory at 0x0087e2b3 memory could not be read. I cannot open MS Outlook either!
This all happened after I had had the svchost.exe error which I believe was linked to msblaster virus. I downloaded service pack 4, ran the patch and no longer get the error but worse - cannot access internet or download emails due to above error.
Any ideas anyone? (luckily I have an old pc from which I am able to send msges and access internet)
Wodzie

john-232317 14:20 28 Aug 03

If you have them on a disc try re installing them,they will leave your old settings untouched.

Mango Grummit 17:20 28 Aug 03

Your quote "I cannot open MS Outlook either! This all happened after I had had the svchost.exe error which I believe was linked to msblaster virus."

To give us a clue .. please let us know if you have opened an e-mail attachment from an unknown source or does anyone other than you have use of your computer.

Mango Grummit 08:50 01 Sep 03

Wodzie E-mail

Hi Mango

I have not had any unusual emails but when my husband was accessing a secure personal s internet banking site, a strange spam-type message popped up entitled "your crazy moneyblaster" and referred to an ip address and the website click here.

I'm wondering if it's best to remove and reinstall outlook and do the same with internet explorer - do you know if it's possible to do the latter without a complete reinstallation of windows?

Cheers

Replied -------

Hi, I would just run Ad-Aware, Spybot S+D, See what they find and come back. No need to worry too much I think - this sort of thing happens all the time.

After you've done above get Spyware Balaster installed as well.

Sorry not to have replied earlier but I don't check mail on this account too often. For the future it will be best to reply to the forum so everyone has a chance to respond (more heads is best you see) also others may have a similar problem and it helps them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…