Unable to access internet with Dell laptop

langer 20:03 09 Jan 07

I,ve just acquired an unwanted Dell Laptop from a friend. It was riddled with a virus and spyware so I decided to format the hard drive and put windows XP home back onto it. I connect to the internet through a netgear router: 2 PC's in my house already connect in this way without any problems. When I run the network setup wizard I receive the message "the wizard cannot find your network hardware".When I go into device manager I find question marks next to ethernet controller, multimedia audio controller pci modem and video controller. I presume I have a driver problem. The laptop accessed the internet fine also via a netgear router at my friend's house. If any experts out there could help I would greatly appreciate it, Please.

Diodorus Siculus 20:09 09 Jan 07

Go to dell support and you can download the relevant drivers. Copy to CD / usb drive and install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…