unable to access internet

Melrosey 13:02 06 Apr 06

my son was using the internet when it cut him off now we can not get back on. I have a Dell pc with windows xp NTL boradband and a wireless network router. I am using zone alarm and have tried swtiching it off and it doesn't help. When I look at the connectivity it says I am connected. All the right lights on the modem and router are flashing. (I am accessing this from work!)

xania 13:29 06 Apr 06

The way you describe the breakdown implies that something has gone wrong and you have not fixed it. You need to identify what that is - hardware or software. Just because the lights are flashing, does not mean that the hardware is operating correctly. I would start by removing the router and checking for a response just through the modem. Perhaps also go-back to an earlier set up via System Restore. See if you can borrow a modem and install that - see if there's any improvement.

bouncer39 16:36 06 Apr 06

have had the same problem a few times with ntl, their tech support team are spot on. type "win ip cfg" no quotes . then click on renew or rfresh , cant remember which but its always worked for me. your ip address changes but it does not affect your settings

rawprawn 16:58 06 Apr 06

It sounds more likely to be an NTL problem than your machine

bouncer39 17:06 06 Apr 06

sorry, should be release all then renew. keep trying , am sure it will work out. if not phone. 08456500125, for ntl help

Melrosey 22:22 06 Apr 06

Thanks for all your help rang ntl and they got me sort!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…