Unable to access Internet

carlos 08:50 28 Jan 04

Got a laptop with one administrator and three users. Administrator took laptop home( at work we use ISDN connection via etherlink) to connect via freeserve/dialup. OS XP. Got it back to work and have got etherlink connection back for administrator but when I try to connect after logging in to any of the users, the freeserve/IE5 keeps giving an "access forbidden" response. Be very grateful for advice on how to re-enable internet access via LAN for the Users. Apologies for perhaps"garbled" info, but not quite sure what I'm doing with this.

carlos 09:43 28 Jan 04

Reading Stuartli's post in another thread re deleting Freeserve embedded in IE, perhaps I should delete IE5 and re-install? I just thought that there should be a setting in control panel/network settings that I'm missing.

Big Elf 12:00 28 Jan 04

Is it possible that the person who took it home changed the dial up number?

carlos 13:13 28 Jan 04

At work no dialup number is reqd ( ISDN). There is a Freeserve dialup number still in the settings tho. When i delete it, it won't let me close the dialogue box. Yet, as we are not, in fact using the dialup number ( because we're not using the modem)I don't really understand what's going on. Thanks for the response. Any further ideas?

terendak_uk 13:41 09 Feb 04

Re-installed. OK. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…