Unable to access emails in OE

Connaught 07:49 27 Feb 08

I have three computers in various parts of my home and they each operate wholely independently of each other. One is Vita and the other two are XP. Each have updated Internet EXplorer and Outlook Express. The only thing in common is the broadband router.

A day ago, OE on each computer failed to access or send emails and I am unable to find the reason.

I get the following error message each time I try:-

""Account: 'mail.cwgsy.net', Server: 'mail.cwgsy.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to POP server 212.30.8.212 (212.30.8.212:110), connect error 10061', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90""

I am unable to access my emails through the Cable and Wireless website either (I use this when travelling}. I can still access and send through my mobile phone. C & W (our phone ompany and provider) tell me they have checked and have no problem accessing mine.

I have tried things like disabling protectors and so on without any success.I have also use system restore in case the OS auto updating may have changed things.

Can anyone please suggest what is wrong and what I must do.

Can anyone tell

TonyW2 08:06 27 Feb 08

As all three PCs are unable to access your email connection and you cannot access it via the providers web site, the problem lies at that level.
Try to follow the procedure on the web site to "reset or change password", or forgotten password, and reset to the same password you currently use.

Connaught 09:08 27 Feb 08

TonyW2. Many thanks. Have ried to follow your advise. The Cable and Wireless site allows me to login with my usual details but when it responds and click on email. I get the response that the page cannot be opened. So my password would seem OK. I csn go into 'my account' and change my password but I have to quote my existing one to do that and I am reluctant to change anything just now. I do have a homal address and there is a pro ision to forward the C&W emails. I do not wnt to do that either at least until find ou what in the world has happened. Is there any mileage in reinstalling OE and IE and wiping out my connections and starting again? But it seems illogical as I would have to do that to all three of my units.

TonyW2 09:21 27 Feb 08

That seems pointless as it is unlikely that an error has arisen on all three and you cannot access it at site level.
I understand that you can access the C&G site; it is the password to enter your email control on the site that I am referring to.
Have you tried the C&G helpdesk?
You say that theb C&G mail is also forwarded onto your hotmail address. have you checked that this is happenning, so that you are sure the C&G account is functioning?

Connaught 09:51 27 Feb 08

Ton, Well I havent actually arranged for forwarding. But does it help to know that I am able to pick them up on my mobile? The help desk call themselves IPsupport and I have told them of the problem. Their last reply is:-

""We have tested your webmail interface and have also accessed your email account with 2 PC's both on different networks and Email Clients.

You need to rule out your software that could be blocking your mail.

Regards
IP Support""

They have not explained why I can still work through my mobile that shows it is functioning and why it affects all three computers. So I am lost, I fear.

Connaught 21:51 28 Feb 08

TonyW2

When I first had the problem I assumed the only thing in common was the router so I disconnected and after what I though was about 3 minutes restarted. Nothing happened. But I decided to leave it off for 20 minutes and restarted and it all works now thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…