Unable to access BIOS, HP Compaq

bumpkin 05 Jul 13
Answered

Hello all, I am trying to get to the BIOS settings on HP Compaq desktop appx 5 yrs old, running XP Pro. I have tried all the usual keys but all I can get to work is f10 which takes me to "Hewlett Packard Setup Utility" Any advice please.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 05 Jul 13

and what does that give you?

click here

bumpkin 05 Jul 13

Figure 2

bumpkin 05 Jul 13

Unable to change the boot order from one HDD to another for some reason.

Thats because the BIOS looks at the drives in order of SATA port (starting with 0) and boots from the first one it finds

If you want to boot from different op systems on different drives you need to alter the boot menu system with EsayBCD

Should have said if using Vista onwards

bumpkin 05 Jul 13

One drive w7 the other xp. Always defaults to xp unless I select w7 on the screen when booting, this is what I need to change. I want it to load w7 unless I choose xp.

bumpkin 06 Jul 13
Answer

Thanks Fruit Bat, as soon as I saw your link 9.38pm I remembered how to do it. Think my head needs a memory upgrade sometimes:-)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message