unable to access any FTP sites or upload

duffymoon 16:58 03 Jan 07

hi I am unable to access any FTP sites, I am running norton internet security but this has been configured to allow smart FTP and net objects fusion to permit. I can't even connect through IE7 keep getting this message after i run the diagnostic check
Windows did not detect any problems with your internet connection over HTP or HTTPS, but was not able to make a successful connection over FTP. the most likley cause of this problem is that a firewall client running on your machine is blocking the necessary FTP ports.

any ideas?
thanks
Dave

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:05 03 Jan 07

I stopped using anything to do with Norton a few years ago because of it's peculiarities and error causing, but I would imagine there must be a set up or tools menu to allow you to name safe programs a way through.

STREETWORK 10:13 06 Jan 07

I have only just experienced the same problem and am working on it, at the moment I believe it is the router firewall...

STREETWORK 10:20 06 Jan 07

Sorted...

Open your router configuration tool and disable the firewall. FTP your site and then re-enable the firewall.

It worked for me...

duffymoon 10:11 08 Jan 07

yep this works, bit concerned about disabling the firewall but needs must, might try turning on windows firewall first. thanks again.
dave

mco 17:02 08 Jan 07

Can I just back up what Barryoneoff says - I'd really give Norton a wide berth if at all poss. SO keen was it to protect me once a few years ago it wouldn't actually allow me on the internet at all.......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009