unable to access.........

skell 17:38 25 Nov 03

Hi,

Im unable to access search engines ie google, msn, and yahoo. Internet browsing has become slow too. before this happened i downloaded a file that turned out to be not what i thought it was so i deleted it and run spyware and antivirus. all was fine. But i still cant get some pages to open or access many web sites. ive checked to see what is running and my usual things are there plus one i dont reconise 'Ticicon'. any ideas as to what is causing this please .

johnnyrocker 17:42 25 Nov 03

what os and what was the file type you thought it was?

johnny.

skell 17:49 25 Nov 03

win98 file type unknown. downloaded by mistake had several up on screen clicked download instead of cancel.

Proxy Worm 17:53 25 Nov 03

Same here- i cant access no search engines!

johnnyrocker 17:58 25 Nov 03

go to click here and download worm fixers and apply if using ME or above disable system restore before cleansing,then d/load adaware click here also search for spy bot search and destroy.

johnny.

VoG II 18:03 25 Nov 03

Also try click here

skell 22:18 25 Nov 03

tried all the above but still no luck. its getting very intermittent now, sometimes i cant even get onto this site. also my email has stopped working too. all settings are correct, have asked around and no problems in my area.

isp is ntl os win98 using norton as my virus checker.

VoG II 22:21 25 Nov 03

NTL have problems click here

Shanks69 22:22 25 Nov 03
  lpen1 22:25 25 Nov 03

I think you will find that the problem is with NTL. Have checked their service status line tonight and they say they are having major problems.

skell 22:31 25 Nov 03

right you are guys. thx . i did try and look there but as you know just cant get any web pages to open . guess il hang around here for a while then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac