Unable 2 view sun newspaper website using firefox

julius44 09:50 26 Dec 07

Hello all, hope u all had a fab xmas. okay lets get straight to the point, i have 3 browsers on my dell 5150 pc. namely firefox, IE7 and safari.

Anytime that i try to VIEW the sun newspaper on line at click here, firefox throws me off the sight without warning or when i click on a link the the homepage it then throws me off the sight. This seems to happen only when i use firefox to view the site. if i use IE7 or safari, then its perfectly fine but firefox is my primary browser. pls help. I dont have this problem with ANY oyher webistes. only the sun newspaper website

Zak 11:01 26 Dec 07

Just tried your Sun link in FF and all OK on my kit.

I suggest you check security settings as also any ad/ pop up blockers

p;3 11:23 26 Dec 07

I did with IE6 and Hosts file ; in Netscape I notice a horrid periodically flashing half page presumably ad which netscapse did not like

if you have ONE browser that likes that site why not use that specific browser FOR that site as I do for a few sites I need something other than IE6 to view in

tullie 12:05 26 Dec 07

Ok in firefox here

Clapton is God 16:35 26 Dec 07

Why on earth would anyone want to view the Sun website, anyway?

p;3 16:47 26 Dec 07

'Why on earth would anyone want to view the Sun website, anyway?'

have you not heard of personal choice and individual freedom?

I am sure that many of the sites YOU choose to open , I would NOT

Clapton is God 16:52 26 Dec 07

Sense of humour by-pass, I assume?

p;3 18:19 26 Dec 07

that site has some nasty drop away ads in it that might BE throwing the browser off it ; I have just twiddled with it with the Hosts file plus my own blocker and it does mess about a bit

I suggest you select a browser you know WILL stick with it and use IT to view that site?

skidzy 19:45 26 Dec 07

Couple of things to try;

1) In Firefox,Tools / Options / Content / untick Javascript and ok....now try your link again.

2) Download IEtab and use this to open your link click here once installed,close Firefox and reopen,right click your link and open in IEtab.

Though i should add,your link opens fine here in Firefox 2.0.0.11

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now