Un-install Help

alanstan 12:05 14 Jul 07

Hi, As I have mentioned before I am still quite a novice with a PC,
I have purchased Nero 7 and I have been trying to uninstall Nero 6(which came pre-installed on my PC) I have been to "Start" and selected Nero 6 but it does not have a un-install, I have also been to "Control Panel" and Add/Remove but Nero 6 does not appear on there,
I have also downloaded a un-install programme and this does show Nero 6 but at the side is a red cross saying it cannot be un-installed,
Lastly I tried installing Nero 7 and asking that to un-install the old Nero 6 which it tried but after re- starting the PC Nero 6 was still on,

I have tried running both 6 and 7 but it must clash because 7 works very slow...
Any Help please...Alan

Andy1991 12:07 14 Jul 07

U might have to manually uninstall it.

Jak_1 12:11 14 Jul 07

Do you still have the install program for Nero 6?

Andy1991 12:14 14 Jul 07

click here thy that, u will probably need to install 7 again.

alanstan 13:21 14 Jul 07

Hi Andy/Jak,
As Nero 6 came pre-installed it did not come with a disc,
Andy, I have tried to un-install from the nero download but it keeps coming up with a red cross saying it cannot find the files, any idea`s ???

Jak_1 14:04 14 Jul 07

You could try deleting it manually then use a program like ccleaner to get rid of the remnants. Then try installing Nero 7. Not saying that this will work though.

alanstan 14:08 14 Jul 07

Hi Jak, as I say I am quite a novice on a PC and I don`t know how to do it manually. any would be app

Andy1991 20:42 14 Jul 07

Its very risky a bit as there are many shared Dlls that may need to be uninstalled. Best thing to do really is see if u can find a file that lists the actions it took in install. You may find this in C:\Program Files\ and then the folder that contains Nero 6.

alanstan 09:21 15 Jul 07

Andy,
I have been into C:\program files and it is not showing Nero 6 in there, it is though it it is not on my PC, but it is and it is working,
1 of the reasons I changed to Nero 7 is that when I copy a dvd it comes up on Nero " unknown burn phase" and it try`s to burn ALL discs at 16 speed I have to slow it down,
I cannot get rid of this.........Regards Alan

Andy1991 14:19 15 Jul 07

I' wondering where it has installed its self then, if we find where it has then we can use that file in there to reverse the proceeder the best we can manually. If u know where Nero 7 has put its self, then Nero 6 will probably be in the same place.

oooh, Try this. Right click the shortcut u use to get into nero 6 and select properties, then select Find target...

You are now in the folder where nero 6 is installed, now see if u can find a text file that list the proceedure it took to install. Iy may have been called "Install.txt".

Andy1991 14:24 15 Jul 07

it looks like it could have been called "Setup.cfg". Open this in notepad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…