Un-deleting from Outlook Express

Yimbo 13:43 02 Apr 10

I've accidentally deleted an email from OE, which is now in my "Deleted Items" folder. How can I get it back again, unscathed, into my "Inbox" - or place it in some other permanent place?

Clapton is God 13:57 02 Apr 10

Highlight the e-mail you want to move. Right click on it. Select 'Move to Folder' and choose Inbox from the list.

Yimbo 16:21 02 Apr 10

Thanks for that! It worked well! However, with the email now back in my Inbox, each time I try to open the attachment that came with it (which is really the part I need to keep) I get the following message:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error. Program C:\Program files\MicrosoftOffice\Office10\WINWORD.EXE
abnormal Program termination"

Clicking on this message, just closes OE altogether. Is it possible to retrieve this email and attachment?

Bapou 17:20 02 Apr 10

I can't promise this will help you overcome the opening attachment problem but try using Save As from the File menu.

Highlight the attachment title from File - Save As - save it to a folder in 'My Documents'. Close down OE and locate your saved attachment and double click on it to open.

Bapou 17:22 02 Apr 10

Missed an important comma, Highlight the attachments title, from File choose Save As- etc.

Yimbo 18:42 02 Apr 10

I've done what you say, Bapou, and have the attachment in "My Documents". Pleased to say that it opens now as a Word Document - and no "Runtime Error" message!! So, thanks so much for your help!

Bapou 18:53 02 Apr 10

Nowt's a bother, pleased you got it sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009