umax scanner

kimtrnc 15:41 04 Mar 09

Ihave had this scanner for some time, and it has usually worked very well. After a recent computer crash, it won't work at all. I reinstalled original software, plus upgrade. Nothing! I downloaded drivers from DriverGuide, but couldn't work out how to install (there is no "setup" file) Used the found new hardware - and direct it to where the files are - it refuses to recgnise them. I am reasonably sure that this IS a drivr problem rathr than the scanner packing up. Help, please?

MAJ 16:28 04 Mar 09

In what format is the file that you downloaded from DriverGuide? If it's a zip file, you'll have to unzip the file first so that the files inside are accessible. When the file is unzipped, look inside the unzipped folder, you might then see a Setup.exe file, if you do see it, double-click it to install the drivers. Alternatively, when the file has been unzipped, use the Add New Hardware Wizard again but this time point it to the unzipped folder as the place to look for the driver files.

To unzip the downloaded file, right-click on it and choose the "Extract All" option. It will, by default, unzip to the same folder that contains the zipped file.

kimtrnc 16:49 04 Mar 09

Hi Maj - thanks for answering. There is no set up file, and the New Hardware won't play. It says it cannot find any suitable files, even though I have pointed it to where the unzipped files are.

MAJ 18:37 04 Mar 09

Hi kimtrnc, can you post a link to the driver download, let's get a look at the files?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…