UMax Astraslim AS 6000

kimtrnc 12:22 31 Jul 09

This machine, admittedly, is very old, but it has a tendency to stop working for no perceptible reason.Drivers for this scanner are iompossible to find, as the company has gone out of business.

I have often used the WIA option, but that no longer shows at all. Can I:
a) download and install this myself
or
b) do something else to make it work again.

c) Buy a new scanner, is not an attractive option at present, as they are very expensive where I live, and anyway everyone wants to sell me an all-dancing all singing, all-in-one desk machine...
TIA
Kimig

accordion 17:10 31 Jul 09

Scanners are not expensive because of where you live. Buying on line gives you the same prices as anyone else in the UK:

click here

Dave

kimtrnc 07:12 01 Aug 09

Dave - very nice info from Amazon, and reasonable prices.
Unfortunately, although these prices are good in UK, here in Turkey I also have to pay import duty and tax, not to mention postage costs....
I need to get the scanner I already have going.
TX for your help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:21 01 Aug 09
  accordion 19:56 01 Aug 09

I don't think that downloading new drivers is going to fix an aging and temperamental scanner. It is most likely to be suffering from components failing if it is quite old.

Pass the hat round to raise funds for a new one?

Dave

kimtrnc 20:03 01 Aug 09

Nice idea, Dave. Will let you know what bank account to send the proceeds to...

But you will hurt it's feelings if you call it names. A spanking new driver will, hopefully, do the trick, and I'm hopeful of someone who is going to send it to me after the weekend.

Watch this space...

Kimig

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now