The Ultimate Troubleshooter v2.30

spuds 23:45 21 Apr 04

I have downloaded a trial version of this program, which as certain parts disabled for the trial period. It seems to be a reasonable set-up, but before I make a decision on a possible purchase,so that I can use all the facilities, I was wondering if anyone uses this or a similar program. If so, can you give me your views etc.

Basically, I am looking for a programme that will give my computer a medical, and inform and advice me of any problems that my computer may have.The Ultimate Troubleshooter v2.30 seems or may offer this.

johnnyrocker 23:56 21 Apr 04

click here they offer free on line scans that would solve most of anyones problems.

hugh-265156 00:15 22 Apr 04

pc pitstop is fine and generally gives good info but sometimes it can be wrong.

if you have xp then you have built in troubleshooting.

click start/control panel/administrative tools/event viewer and click the system and application tabs to view errors that have taken may be given a link to MS for futher help and a possiable fix for your error.

also try clicking start/run type msinfo32 click ok and you will be given information about your "hardware resourses/conflicts sharing" to get info on hardware conflicts.

try clicking start/run type dxdiag and click ok to get information on direct x graphics the display and sound tabs and you acn run tests to check for troublshooting/more to get more info.

try clicking start/help and support/fixing a problem for more help.also try clicking "tools" from the "pick a task" list here for more help.

ps.for futher info on your hardware and software try click here for a good diagnostic

spuds 00:39 22 Apr 04

Used and ran PCStop, but it didn't cover items required.

Will try the Everest download. And as usual, I forgot about the wonders of XP,s own tools.Will give a go later todays. Thanks again guy's.

hugh-265156 00:52 22 Apr 04

what is the problem you are having?

spuds 01:16 22 Apr 04

huggy71-- click here

hugh-265156 01:30 22 Apr 04

hi spuds.had a look at the other no expert sorry.

as you have AV software,spyware blaster and adaware,spybot all installed and all updated,scanned etc im sure you should be ok in this respect.

try right clicking the taskbar/task manager and click the performance tab.

is there much cpu or memory usage? also have a look at the processes tab for anything out of the ordaniry,look at what is using the cpu time and report back.

try running cwshredder from click here

computernerdiamnot 10:19 22 Apr 04

Try the same link huggy71 gave and scroll down a bit to official downloads and to start up (zip) this finds if any other programs are running that msconfig cannot find. CONTENTS: A simple tool that lists all and every auto starting program on your system. You might be surprised what it finds, this is way better than Msconfig. Commonly used to troubleshoot malfunctioning systems, trojan/viral infections, new spyware/malware breed and the likes.
Currently at version: 1.52.1
(Mirror @ LurkHere)

spuds 15:10 23 Apr 04

huggy71/computernerdiamnot--Thanks for response, been off air 36+ hours. Will check suggestions, and hopefully report back later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…