ULTIMATE REGISTRATION KEY

mark3986 15:17 19 May 08

I RECENTLY INSTALLED WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE ON MY LAPTOP AND ITS SAYING THAT THE REGISTRATION KEY IS IN USE.

Ditch999 15:19 19 May 08

If you are running the genuine bought article then ring Microsoft. It should tell you how to.

mark3986 15:24 19 May 08

they said its a OEM building system and that i got to buy a retail version but wots the difference

Terry Brown 15:28 19 May 08

A genuine Vista software package has it's own unique key, however if you 'borrowed a copy' from another person or site, the key will not be valid on your machine, as I believe Microsoft uses the Vista ID and the Motherboard ID to verify you are the legal owner.

Any problems with Vista contact Microsoft.
Terry

Ditch999 15:30 19 May 08

So you bought a laptop which didnt have Vista then bought an OEM copy of Vista and installed it on the laptop. OEM is supposed to be for system builders and if you have any problems then you get in touch with the system builder to sort it out.

Ditch999 15:37 19 May 08

Dont know if it still is true but here is a link to another forum discussing OEM Vista activation and it doesnt make good reading! click here

Zeppelyn 19:41 19 May 08

Most of the stuff talked on that link is nonsense.

Rob_08 19:45 19 May 08

You can reg OEM software ok cant you. ?
That link and stuff they talked about not being able to activate with OEM is all bull.

hssutton 20:40 19 May 08

I couldn't be bothered to read all of the "click here"

I have built two PCs for home and installed Vista OEM versions without problem. The motherboard on my Vista Ultimate failed, so had to be replaced. A quick phone call to Microsoft resulted in Vista being re-activated

Rob_08 21:35 19 May 08

But you can Reg OEM Vista normally though cant you ,online first time ? You dont need to phone on a new built pc with its own OEM disk do you ?
Thanks.

hssutton 22:13 19 May 08

Yes both copies where activated on line, but it required a phone call to get the Ultimate activated the second time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…