Ultimate Defrag Freeware Edition 1.72

cocteau48 15:05 23 May 08

Previously available as "paid for" there is now a freeware version of Ultimate Defrag available:
click here

It will keep you tinkerers out of the pub over the holiday weekend ...... well maybe it's not that good!

Looking forward to comparing it with my favorite - JK Defrag.

GaT7 19:19 23 May 08

Thanks, not sure it'll come close to JKDefrag though, but worth a go I suppose.

The only thing it's likely to beat JKDefrag on, is speed ;-). G

cocteau48 19:43 23 May 08

Crossbow7
As both programs give you multiple choices as to how you wish to optimize the storage of data on your hard drive - if you choose conflicting optimizations you can waste a great deal of time just shuffling data around.

GaT7 19:56 23 May 08

Are we talking about the same JKDefrag?! Mine gives me NO options/optimisations whatsoever. Just installed & opened UltimateDefrag & it seems to offer quite a few on that front.

Not sure about JKDefrag's way of doing things any differently from Windows inbuilt defragmenter (XP), because when I ran the latter after the former, it came up that I don't need to defragment the drive almost immediately. G

cocteau48 20:26 23 May 08

Crossbow7
If you install the this GUI - for and endorsed by JKDefrag
click here
you will find multiple options in the actions drop down menu - under the general tab.

cocteau48 20:31 23 May 08

..... these options can be accessed without the GUI using the commandline options .
See under commandline here:
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…