Ulead Videosuite needs to close!

dangerusone 13:46 22 Sep 10

I have a small camcorder (Tevion,bought from Aldi)which I'm very happy with when watching the recordings on my computer, the trouble is when I want to make a DVD of the files which are ASF formatt by the way.
I am trying to use Ulead Videosuite SE DVD, when I set it up to burn various files I get the message Ulead ........ has encountered a problem and needs to close. This also happens if I try and make a video file instead of a DVD.
Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

MAJ 16:32 22 Sep 10

That can happen if you have another burning package (like Nero, for example) installed at the same time.

dangerusone 22:32 22 Sep 10

I was using Ulead to try and change the file format from ASF to AVI.I usually use WinAvi but for some reason it doesn't seem to be working on files bigger than 20MB (roughly).
I have a little Flip camera and the files are AVI and don't have a problem at making DVDs, only with the Tevion and ASF files.
Also no problems with Nero either.

dangerusone 08:17 23 Sep 10

Lazarus The 2nd

The first two seem a little complicated to me but the 3rd answer Post #6 sounds worth a look.
I'll give it a try and post back with how I get on.

I'm not the most computer savvy person, I have been known to dive in and make a cock up and have to be rescued by someone brighter.

dangerusone 13:45 23 Sep 10

Lazarus The 2nd

I tried Post #6 and I got the same message again when I tried to make a video file.
My version of Ulead Videosuite is the SE version which came with an EasyCap device for putting VHS files onto my PC and consequently onto DVD (not had too much success there either, but thats another story)
I think I'm losing the track of my problem which is converting ASF files to AVI.
I think I will have to do a bit more research.

Thanks for your efforts.

MAJ 13:53 23 Sep 10

"I think I'm losing the track of my problem which is converting ASF files to AVI."

Try 'Super' in order to convert your files. It's pretty good and free. click here

dangerusone 18:17 23 Sep 10

MAJ

Super is Super!

Thanks for that MAJ just what I wanted, the page confused me a bit as I downloaded AVS4You at first but after a bit of digging I got to Super.
I've just converted 9 small clips of my grandchildren and they came out wonderful.
I'll now use WinAvi to make a Video_TS file and then burn to disc using Nero, long winded I know but I'm used to it.
Again many thanks.

MAJ 20:47 23 Sep 10

I'm glad it worked okay for you, dangerus1, I find it useful at times, and you are correct, the site can be confusing.

"I'll now use WinAvi to make a Video_TS file and then burn to disc using Nero, long winded I know but I'm used to it."

That's one step too many, dangerus1, you don't need to "use WinAvi to make a Video_TS file", Nero will transcode the AVI files 'on the fly' as part of the DVD burning process.

MAJ 20:55 23 Sep 10

Alternatively, dangerus1, DVDFlick click here will allow you to burn the ASF files to DVD, transcoding them in the process.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…