Ulead serial number doesn't work?

pj123 14:30 18 Dec 05

Well that doesn't work. Just tried to install Ulead MediaStudio Pro7.0 VE. (online registration required)

Logged on and got the Serial Number 783A2-37000-40713332 but when asked for in the installation event I enter it but I don't get a "Next" only a Back or Cancel???

The form also asked for "Company" I am not a company so left it blank. It appears that you can't activate this install without putting a Company name. I put "me" and all appears to be going OK now. Why do you have to be a Company to get the free registration number?

Forum Editor 14:33 18 Dec 05

because whoever configured the form entered the 'company' field as 'required'.

john-232317 14:39 18 Dec 05

I always just put private in the box if needed.

pj123 15:10 18 Dec 05

Thanks for the responses. That is the first and last time I will try anything on Cover Disks.

Having finished the installation it doesn't recognise my Capture Unit anyway. There is only one option Ulead DVD-VF (whatever that is). I already have Ulead MovieFactory 4 which does a reasonable job but reading the hype in the Mag implied that Ulead Mediastudio Pro 7 VE had so much more to offer.

I much prefer to pay for software and know it will work.

pandsar 18:09 06 Jan 06

Well I can't even get a serial number. Tried several times and I don't get the email with the number. Tried ringing the PC Advisor Cover Disc Helpline and can never get connected to a 'computer expert'.

pj123 20:47 06 Jan 06

pandsar, try using the number in my post above.

Big Elf 20:54 06 Jan 06

I used the serial number you posted OK and installed it. It froze when I tried to use it though so it's now uninstalled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…