Ulead PhotoImpact XL wants a serial number?

Pyecraft 12:51 23 May 06

Complaining about a 'free' program not working seems a little ungateful and usually, each month's Advisor has something well worth the subscription fee.

Yet, even though the cover disc write-up for the above was a little sketchy, it seemed worth the trouble to see what the program could offer.

But the install stalls when asking for a serial number. Visiting their website does not explain, where do I find this? Is it some sort of scam?

Taff™ 13:23 23 May 06

When you put in the PCA disc and select the Photoimpact icon you get a description and an Install button. At the bottom of the description is a weblink. Click that and it will take you to the registration page.

Now! There are a few threads saying that the e-mail confirming your codes is taking days to be returned so be patient! Mine took less than 24 hours.

Pyecraft 13:42 23 May 06

Thanks Taff. I've registered at their site where they respond with 'we have sent you an email'.

Sorry, didn't see the other threads. While waiting, have you used this program at all? Are their any simple graphic tools which make it worth the install or is it simply another 'photo filing' program?

Taff™ 13:49 23 May 06

I haven`t yet. I`ve previously used Ulead Photoexpress which came free on PCA last year and that program was fine for my basic needs. I`m assuming this new program is a better version so I`ll be an absolute beginner on this one! I can assure you it won`t be another photo filing program or it`ll be in the recycle bin in minutes!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…