Ulead Photo Expres 4.0

deneka 16:23 18 Apr 04

I have had some problems on my pc and somehow managed to pick up the Mydoom virus. I had to take my pc to a repair shop for it to be sorted. All is ok now, except since i had these problems i havent been able to use my photo editing software.

I have removed the software from my pc using the add/remove programs and have re-loaded it using the disc that came with my camera.

I still cannot get it to work, the program just will not open atall. when i double click on it, nothing happens, i have tried opening it manually and that doesnt work. I have also chose the 'edit in photo express' option from the camera software and it still won't allow me to open the program atall.

Does anyone have any ideas, what could i try next?

Diemmess 16:32 18 Apr 04

That is just a guess but if you sought paid help to clean up your computer it may be that as part of their service they tightened up the security so that any new EXE files have no chance!

It might be worth temporarily disabling all thia security until you are sure your picture software is on and working. Then you can enable the security again before you go back online.

deneka 16:51 18 Apr 04

Sorry would you be able to talk me through how i disable and then enable it?

I don't really understand. I did have the free version of AVG on my pc and also zonealarm, but they deleted that and put Norton Internet Security 2004 onto my pc.

deneka 17:46 18 Apr 04

Ok i worked out how to disable it, but it made no different. Anymore ideas?

Diemmess 17:54 18 Apr 04

I was afraid you would ask me that!

I don't know which version of windows you are using but the message is the same.

The security programs usually load when you start up, so if you go to the start button (bottom left of your screen) and select "run" then type into the little window msconfig and then Enter you will see tabs showing. Pick the Start tab and enter.

There is a long list of programmes which start at the beginning. Very few are actually needed then, in fact only 4 for W98. The important thing is to undo the tick in any box which has one where it is Nav or Norton stuff.

You will then have to reboot, and be ready to uninstall/install yet again for the Ulead, but even this is somthing which doesn't need a tick in the start box, it will load very readily when you want it.

I hope this does the trick and if it does, fine, you can go back and find the start box for the Norton.

Norton is probably more efficient if installed for someone who either cannot or will not bother to keep an eye on things. It seems to be a mite headstrong to some who can't wait to be rid of it and then may have trouble uninstalling it. Dont let that worry you if Norton does protect you thats what you've paid for.

Diemmess 17:56 18 Apr 04

I have to go offline, fingers crossed that someone else can help.

deneka 19:28 18 Apr 04

still not working :( help me someone !!! :D

Diemmess 12:09 19 Apr 04

If the repair shop loaded and charged you for adding Norton, perhaps they might give you advice over this latter problem - (presumably caused by their activity)

deneka 22:35 19 Apr 04

I couldnt open it before i took it to the repair shop, presumably due to the virus on there. It basically killed my pc, i couldnt open any applications atall. This seems to be the only one that i still can't access...

So do you think i'd need to go back to the repair shop then?
am a little worried that they may want more money off of me .

Diemmess 17:27 20 Apr 04

Its a shame you have to wait a day to have a reply from me and no one else feels like offering advice.

If when it left the repair shop they had cleared the virus, and made it possible for you to use everything as it used to be except for this "Ulead Photo Expres 4.0" then I agree you don't have much to moan about.

Nevertheless if you feel you can go back and ask for friendly advice actually speaking to someone who knows, they may not charge you.

Or see it this way. There are lots of photo editing apps around, and it isn't clear whether you can download the pictures from your camera and cannot edit them, or cannot even get them onto your HDisk.

I'm sure there is a simple way to fix this problem. If no one else chips in, try posting a new thread asking for advice but describing which version of Windows you use and what you cannot do that you could before the virus attack.

deneka 23:16 23 Apr 04

Thankyou very much for your 'solo' advice :D
I really appreciate it, basically i download my photos, view them, save the to disc everything except edit them in this particular program. Do you know for example 'microsoft photo' whether that would work to edit my photos or do i need to specifically use the software that came with my camera?

Because i was thinking i may just remove that program and download something else that i can use to edit my photographs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…