Uknown network connection

Taw® 12:40 08 Jan 05

Afterhaving a few blue screens I decided to reseat my pci cards and RAM. I am using xppro,amd 1.4 512 ram my pci slots contain a realtek nic, and sound card. From booting my machine in network connections I have Alcatel speedtouch, Pipex, realtek and another that was never there before. this is called microsoft tv/video connection. On trying to disable it, it states

"it is not possible to disable this connection at this time. This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support plug and play, or it may have been initiated by another user or system account.

I have had the pc for about 3years and the only connections were the first 3. I have added nothing new and only reseated my cards.

Caskstrength60 13:05 08 Jan 05

click here;EN-US;Q303302
Look here

Caskstrength60 13:06 08 Jan 05

Try again
click here;EN-US;Q303302

Caskstrength60 13:09 08 Jan 05

Bloody hell !!! how do you get to paste urls on this forum ?
Anyway theres a solution on the Microsofrft forum :-
SYMPTOMS
After you add a universal serial bus (USB) camera or a TV tuner card to a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer, a Local Area Connection 2 icon may be created in the View Network Connections section in My Network Places. The information that is displayed below this icon describes the connection as:
Microsoft TV/Video Connection
WORKAROUND
To work around this behavior, restart the computer. After you restart your computer, the Local Area Connection 2 icon does not appear.
STATUS
This behavior is by design.

VoG II 13:14 08 Jan 05
  Carpigiani 13:17 08 Jan 05

To paste Microsoft links I use click here

recap 13:17 08 Jan 05

With Microsoft you can just enter the Article number (Q303302) in the search facility of their Knowledge Base Site, if you click here you can see that is all I have done, then just click the arrow button.

Caskstrength60 13:20 08 Jan 05

thanks , as usual nothings straight forward with Microsoft !

Taw® 13:37 08 Jan 05

Much appreciated all reboot of system has cleared the connection

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…