U.K. Web hosting

PsiFox 09:58 23 May 07

I know there is a thread further down but did not want to hijack.

I have a customer who is with the webfusion, now pipex and is getting really upset with the downtime/lack of support.

They need UK based hosting with

Unix platform
mysql
php
perl
secure servers
control panel
multiple domains
VAR account
Shared servers and dedicated

and most importantly telephone technical support of a very high standard.

Suggestions welcome preferably based on personal experience.

Just to point out my customer has spent almost 1 hour in a queue so far this morning at Pipex for customer service to complain about the lack of support.

Thanks

HighTower 17:05 23 May 07

click here

I've had email responses from trouble tickets in less than a minute before. VERY on the ball.

I looked into all the wellknown hosters and there prices. But I ended up buying a reseller hosting from click here because I could not find anything bad reported about their service. Also, being a novice I find they respect that and help you along even with the silliest problems. They are half the price of Heart. Having said that my following choices were Heart and Fasthosts.

Forum Editor 16:36 03 Jun 07

because of all the web hosts I've ever used - and I've used most of the major companies - they're the best in my opinion.

They may not be the cheapest hosts around, but for my work that isn't a major consideration, I need reliability and comprehensive facilities.

djbenny 09:51 07 Jun 07

click here - very reliable and great support and services

silverous 13:05 12 Jun 07

Fasthosts seem very good, I had a similar dilemma recently and so far have been very pleased with them. 24x7 support apparently also, not sure how many hosts provide that as part of the package.

Alan1961 21:56 14 Jun 07

I have sen this problem with some of my clients before. If this continues check the agreement, demand a refund and end agreement for poor quality of service. When this has happened the host has given months free service to stay. Stick it out and push the host, complain in writing or email, telephone support is basically a call centre.

(oh I use Fasthosts 3 years with 0 problems)

Winxx 11:42 09 Jul 07

do you pay monthly for a domain name and monthly for the hosting?

benjiboots 11:08 11 Jul 07

I use Streamline.net
click here
I have never had any problems with them - their email support is very fast and they have a good range of hosting packages to suit a varied range of needs. Highly recommended!

babybell 11:55 11 Jul 07

I just wanna add that the cheapest is not always the best option. I use a company called x9net and the amount of trouble i have with them is unreal. Not with downtime, that's never a problem. But u can never get customer support from them, its madness. Buy cheap, Buy twice!

steve263000 13:21 11 Jul 07

I have been with them for a while now and they cannot be faulted. Suburb service and any problems they will sort out online almost immediately. Highly recommended.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…