UK Keyboard Settings & Euro Key

johnpalmer 08:32 30 Sep 05

I have had to replace my hard drive recently, and have installed the existing operating system, Windows Me.

My keyboard has defaulted to US settings, and so my @ is located on the " key.

I have tried locating the UK settings on the Me CD but just can't. The window that pops up requesting the location file keeps saying it cant't find the file

Is there an easy way to change this ?

Also, can someone tell me which buttons to press to use Euro symbol. Just like $ or # (this is on my pound button)

VoG II 08:35 30 Sep 05

Try changing to English (United Kingdom) in Control Panel.

€ is ALT GR + 4

Gongoozler 08:40 30 Sep 05

Hi johnpalmer. The Euro symbol is Alt + Ctrl + 4. As for your other problem, the only thing I can offer is that with Windows 98 the installer would often look in the wrong place for files, and need some guidance to find the correct folder. I don't know Windows ME at all.

jack 10:55 30 Sep 05

Try looking in Control Panel/Keyboard/Mouse symbol
and select language.
Also the word programs you have may also need adjusting depending on the programs you will find a language tab to select for the version on English offered of which there are many.

Eric10 11:16 30 Sep 05

If you mean that you are asked for a certain file or files when you try to change the keyboard to UK then the installation files on my old ME CD are in the win9x folder.

johnpalmer 12:12 30 Sep 05

Thanks to you all, although Eric10 sorted me out with the win9X folder.

I had already tried via the control panel, keyboard, language change option, but there was only US available.

You are asked to add a language, but it refused to find it on the CD.

Thankfully the victory goes to win9X.

I can now get @ and my £ and my € all in the right places.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…