Uk Domain Registrars or US Registrar

ethelbert 03 Sep 11

Hi there, I host my sites with Bluehost.com as they IMO have the most to offer and I have been with them for several years now.

I now wish to move a domain name from 1and1.co.uk and want to know which is recommended best domain registrar in Britain please. Other than that I will possibly use Namecheap as they are accodng to many American web design friends the best.

So an you advise please which to go for in the UK? I had thought of Heart Internet, but would like reviews of others please. Many thanks,

Jill

Proclaimer 05 Oct 11

I think you have about three things mixed up into one thought there.

Domain Name Registration; Several options available in the UK, 123-reg, godaddy, ukreg to mention a few. Just Google Domain Name Registration and choose one based on your needs.

UK Domain Name Registrars; Once you choose a company to Register your domain that will be listed with Nominet, the UK Domain Name Registrars, Managing domain names on behalf of customers.

UK Web Hosting: A company that will provide Windows or Linux based web hosting solutions for you to load your website onto their servers.

For a web host, I would recommend a company called Storm Internet.

ethelbert 05 Oct 11

Many thanks for clearing that up. I will look up Storm Internet.

ethelbert 05 Oct 11

Thanks, I've sorted it now, with a bit more thinking and it now validates.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message