Uk Domain Registrars or US Registrar

ethelbert 22:15 PM 03 Sep 11

Hi there, I host my sites with Bluehost.com as they IMO have the most to offer and I have been with them for several years now.

I now wish to move a domain name from 1and1.co.uk and want to know which is recommended best domain registrar in Britain please. Other than that I will possibly use Namecheap as they are accodng to many American web design friends the best.

So an you advise please which to go for in the UK? I had thought of Heart Internet, but would like reviews of others please. Many thanks,

Jill

Proclaimer 14:44 PM 05 Oct 11

I think you have about three things mixed up into one thought there.

Domain Name Registration; Several options available in the UK, 123-reg, godaddy, ukreg to mention a few. Just Google Domain Name Registration and choose one based on your needs.

UK Domain Name Registrars; Once you choose a company to Register your domain that will be listed with Nominet, the UK Domain Name Registrars, Managing domain names on behalf of customers.

UK Web Hosting: A company that will provide Windows or Linux based web hosting solutions for you to load your website onto their servers.

For a web host, I would recommend a company called Storm Internet.

ethelbert 14:49 PM 05 Oct 11

Many thanks for clearing that up. I will look up Storm Internet.

ethelbert 16:16 PM 05 Oct 11

Thanks, I've sorted it now, with a bit more thinking and it now validates.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone