UIHiddenPopUp annoyance

1jimbo 17:28 10 Mar 08

Hi, I'm having problems when I shut down (WindowsXP SP2). A message box flashes up with UIHiddenPopUp. It then stops the shutdown for a seconds unless I click the "End Now" button. The only thing I can find in Windows Task Manager remotely like it is UIWatcher, which I believe is part of Ashampoo Uninstaller Platinum 2. Any ideas?

MAT ALAN 17:32 10 Mar 08

Uninstall it see what happens...

martinxxxxxx 10:48 22 Jan 09

I had this and I can confirm that it is very annoynig. It stopped my computer fromaccessing teh net and I had to shut it down to gtet it to work again.

I got rid of it. It is not a virus, It is a problem with PCGuard whic h is a Virgin branded Virus software made by Authentium and sold all over the world inder different guises and is usually supplied free by you isp.

To get rid of it just switch off the identity theft protection.

Hope this helps

Martin

1jimbo 18:57 22 Jan 09

Hi Martin,
Thanks for your response. I forgot about this post (it was a long time ago). I found out about PCGuard causing this and have given up on it due to numerous other problems as well. It's nice to have my suspicions confirmed though and hopefully others affected by PCGuard will read this.

tullie 19:02 22 Jan 09

This is what happens when people dont tick the thread as resolved,people answer it months later as they dont notice the dates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5