uhf question

cable-ties 13:23 26 Dec 05

Sorry guys and gals not exactly computer related but im trying to find out the uhf signal strength in my area.My tv aerial did a swan dive off the roof. This is the only place i can think of with enough of a knowledge base to help. I live in staffordshire. Thanks in advance.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:02 26 Dec 05

To tell that you need a Signal strength meter like click here.

The biggest relay station s at Fenton Stoke on Trent how close are you?

anchor 15:24 26 Dec 05

A good local independent radio/TV dealer could probably tell you, (if you have one near you).

enter your post code:

click here?

click here (might work)

amonra 16:35 26 Dec 05

Try entering your postcode in the DAB site. That will give you a good idea of what the signal strength is in your area. It's a bit pessemistic but a reliable guide. Also, look at your neighbour's aerials, are they all pointing the same way ? or do they vary? Good luck.

VCR97 19:23 26 Dec 05

Try bbc.co.uk/reception/

VCR97 19:25 26 Dec 05

Sorry, forgot the www. thingy.

cable-ties 20:46 26 Dec 05

Thank you all. I live in stafford so looks like Fenton is the one for me fruit bat. Thanks anchor put my postcode in and it tells me i need a high gain amplified aerial. amonra, looked at the neighbours and they look like they need replacing as well they are all over the place. VCR97 another useful one thank you.Im off to spend my hard earned cash to get the telly back on. Once again i thank you all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…