UDFRDR recording

fazer 21:42 03 Jun 03

Have recently changed my computer to one running XP. Unfortunately I have given my previous one away (running Win 98) which had some version of Adaptec CD creator on it which I used for all CD burning.

... and here's the problem: how do I access my recorded cd-r's (containing data) on Windows XP which has'nt Adaptec CD Creator installed? When I put a CDR in the drive, absoultuley nothing shows but under properties, its all blue indicating that it is full.

The files have been written in "UDFRDR" format (according to the properties box of my CDR drive!)

Despicable Desperado 22:07 03 Jun 03

Buy a new copy of Easy Cd Creator - it's only about £40. If the version you had on the Win98 machine was version 4 or earlier it wouldn't work on XP anyway.

fazer 22:16 03 Jun 03

Despicable Desperado

Is this the only solution? I was hoping that there may be some free software or a workaround that would give me access to the recordings.

Pesala 22:23 03 Jun 03

from the Adaptec website.

click here

UDF VOLUME READER

This file is for users that do not own a copy of Easy CD Creator and just want to read discs that have been written in UDF.

The UDF Reader (version 5.1.1.213) is included with DirectCD 5.1, so if you have Easy CD Creator Platinum 5.1 or Basic version 5.11 or later you do not need to download this file.

Enables some MultiRead CD-ROM drives to read UDF formatted CD-RW discs (such as those written with DirectCD) under Windows 95, 98 and 98 SE, Windows NT 4.0 SP3 or higher and Windows 2000/XP.

Once installed, you do not need to take any special steps to activate the UDF Reader; it is constantly active in the background, waiting for you to mount a UDF disc. This is a free download for the convenience of users who do not own Easy CD Creator. However, Roxio only provides technical support for the UDF Reader if you purchased Easy CD Creator, and have a valid Tech Support ID (TSID) that came with the product. If you do not have Easy CD Creator, we do not provide technical support for this product.

fazer 22:30 03 Jun 03

Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…