Ubuntu / Linux - Drivers for hardware?

Stroller 17:58 14 Dec 08

I am currently running XP pro, and I am seriously considering Ubunto.

I have 'C' drive in a removable cradle, (all of my data is on two SATA drives which are fixed and backed up to an external HDD).

I can install Ubunto on to a spare drive, so I can return to XP easily if required.
I have some hardware which I am not sure if they will work on Ubunto as I have not been able to find suitable drivers.

Main thing is a Microsoft mouse, which has a button to enable sections of the screen to be magnified (my wife has sever visual impairment and this essential for her to use PC), and I have a DVB-T stick which I use frequently for recording programs to use on my MP4 gadget.

So can we find drivers for most hardware out there?

Stroller

MAT ALAN 19:43 14 Dec 08

click here

this may help...

LastChip 20:23 14 Dec 08

Why not simply download and burn the iso to a CD and then run it "Live" from the CD.

This will tell you what (if any) problems you are likely to face with hardware and give you a feel for the distro.

If you want a more Windows like experience, try Kubuntu.

You can try any amount of mainstream distros in this way, until you find one you like.

Burning the distro is where a lot of people come unstuck. I don't know if you're familiar with the process, but I wrote this for such occasions and hopefully, it will help: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…