Ubuntu 9.10 email problem

Ex plorer 16:50 10 Nov 09

Hi I am having problems with Tiscali mail account in Ubuntu 9.10.
I must have made a mistake in the configurations and I want to check them and run through them again but how do I do this in Ubnutu.9.10.
I have downloaded the OS onto the HD if this helps.
Works OK in Vista.

Procrastinus 10:03 11 Nov 09

This is the best place for information:

click here

Good Luck.

Ex plorer 08:51 12 Nov 09

Thanks 608
Marg7 I have downloaded Thunderbolt and extracted it to the desktop but I cant see how to send and receive mail. Any help would be appreciated.

Ex plorer 08:57 12 Nov 09

Just noticed its Thunderbird sorry for that

Procrastinus 09:32 12 Nov 09

Here is the Ubuntu Forums Link:

click here

Ex plorer 10:43 12 Nov 09

Ubuntu 9.10, but there is Ubuntu Software Centre.
Clicking on that reveals various options of soft ware and a search box, I typed in Thunderbird and it came up with four alternatives, Highlighting and clicking on all five came back with Not Available in the Current Data.
Licence: Open Source Free.

So problem still remains, thank you both for your time and research.

Procrastinus 20:26 12 Nov 09

Have you tried the Forums yet?

octal 20:51 12 Nov 09

You should pick the top one that says Mozilla Thunderbird Mail/News and install that one.

Ex plorer 11:25 13 Nov 09

608 I will join the forums today for advice and thanks for the tip.

I have now found out why I could not receive my mail from Tiscali to Ubuntu.

I was trying to receive mail from the desktop as I had a strong wireless connection and assumed thats how it worked.

During a search this morning I tried againg to access my acount witth Firefoox running in the background.

I opened my Ubunt account from the top tool-bar clicked send/receive button and all my mail from my Tiscali account down loaded to Ubuntu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…