UBS port's problem

lordstarwars 15:00 18 May 08

Hi, i need help with my USB ports. Only my mouse will work while plugged into my USB port at the minute. My mouse will work in all the ports. Up until a few days ago my ipod, camera and External HDD all work fine. Now i get a "USB device not regonised" error. I've unistalled and reinstalled all the software, but still no luck. Any help will be great. Cheers

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:19 18 May 08

Refresh USB Ports
Use Drive clean up to remove USB device drive info from the registry
click here
or
In device manager Uninstall EVERYTHING under the heading USB,
reboot the PC let XP find and install new hardware.
Your equipment should now be recognised.

lordstarwars 16:51 18 May 08

Hi, Fruit Bar, i just both them and it still doesnt work.

Ditch999 17:41 18 May 08

iPod Camera and HDD all contain data. Would it be possible that all 3 could go up the swaney at the same time? Did you have a lightening recently?
If you have another USB device, like a pen drive try it in all the ports.

lordstarwars 18:52 18 May 08

It's very weird, just tried a 1gb pen drive and it didnt work but my bluetooth adpter seems to be working fine.

I tried my External hard drive in work and it worked great.

lordstarwars 18:55 18 May 08

I've just swapped around the bluetooth adapter and HDD and still nothin. But the bluetooth works in both ports but the HDD doesn't.

Ditch999 14:37 19 May 08

Were you in the BIOS at any time and if so did you change any USB settings?
When you go in to Device Manager and open USB Controllers is there one that says Standard Enhanced USB Host Controller?

lordstarwars 18:31 19 May 08

I wasn't in the Bios. There is a option in device manager that says SiS PCI to USB enhanced controller. But the HDD is listed under this as a "unkown device".

woodchip 18:36 19 May 08

Remove the Unkown Device. Then Retry it. You could also remove all power from the computer including Battery pack if a Laptop Remove all 13amp plugs and press and hold Start Button for 10 seconds. Retry Computer USB after restart

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…