Typo errors due to cursor jumping

alpalok 13:31 15 Sep 05

I think this is a virus behavior. Recently whenever I type in microsoft waord or notepad or fill up webforms in IE, the cursor jumps anywhere in the previous sentences, or highlights the last some letters somewhere and the entire type goes haywaire. Now Also this is getting typed anywhere and I have to delete, retype. very painful. I have Norton antivirus 2005, zerospyware (after reading the latest article in your mag only), adware, spybot and zone alarm, all fully updated. and none have been able to pick up a virus/spyware after a thorough system scan. I am going crazy typing, especially when i am prescribing medicines to my patients. I don't want to reload windows and all my applications again.
Pl Help
Dr Alok Modi MD

woodchip 13:38 15 Sep 05

Go into Device Manager and uninstall your Mouse then restart computer

woodchip 13:39 15 Sep 05

You can shut computer down with keyboard. Press Windows key then use arrow shift and enter yes to close. it will reinstall the mouse when you start

alpalok 02:43 16 Sep 05

sorry there is no improvement after uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse

CLONNEN 06:45 16 Sep 05

Sorry to butt in - but are you typing numbers on the Number Pad on the right hand side of the keyboard when the cursor starts jumping about?

I sometimes get this at work when I am entering prices for the stock. It goes crazy if the Num Lock is off.

Maybe your Num Lock button has been pressed by accident (usually when you are trying to type a 7). Make sure your Num Lock green light is on for the Number Pad to work correctly.

badgermansix 06:58 16 Sep 05

Are you in a position to try another keyboard, or give yours a quick clean, my wife had a problem like that, something had fallen between the the keys (probably a Mars bar :-)) ) but on turning it upside down and gently tapping it, all sorts of stuff< crumbs etc., fell out!!

Enoch 07:06 16 Sep 05

Run "ScanDisc", error checking and tick "repair", I had your problem. Whatever, it can only do good

harps1h 08:17 16 Sep 05

is it a wireless keyboard/mouse? if it is check the position of the receiver and if changing channel will help. also see if the batteries need changed.

woodchip 08:38 16 Sep 05

Try a different mouse, borrow one first

flyingbrit 01:55 17 Sep 05

is it an optical mouse? if it is i had a similar problem with cursor jumping all over.changed mouse twice(pc world love me.....lol).........no difference then i moved mouse mat, just had mouse on desk,no more jumps!!! i put it down to colours on mat.hope it's as easy for you......brit

alpalok 02:23 17 Sep 05

Sorry guys none of these worked. I already knew these things before I posted here. It was a virus and no solution in sight, I used acronis disk image to revert back to a safe time and now everything is OK. Even System restore failed to help me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…