It is possible that the keyboard settings need to be adjusted.
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Keyboard
2. Click on the Speed tab and check the settings of the Character repeat.
3. Click on the Hardware tab and check that the keyboard device description is correct.
4. Click on Properties and then select the Driver tab and click on the Driver Details button. Check that the driver corresponds with the keyboard that you have.
5. If all of the above is OK then click on the Troubleshoot button and follow the onscreen questions.
If all of the above does not resolve the issue then I suggest that you contact Acer because you should not be experiencing this problem.