Typing but nothing's happening

Abel 22 Jan 13

A friend of mine has enthusiastically dusted her keyboard and now nothing happens when she types. In the back of my mind I've encountered this before and rectified it. However, I'm afraid the old grey matter won't remind me how. Your help please.

Abel

SillBill 22 Jan 13

If it's corded, did she plug it back in? If it's cordless, is/are the battery(ies) dead?

SillBill 22 Jan 13

If the driver has been lost, remove the power cord from the computer (don't simply shut it down) leave the power of for at least 30-60 seconds when repowered connect the KB and Windows will reinstall the driver.

Abel 22 Jan 13

Many thanks SillBill! Your first answer solved the problem, it was duff batteries in the wireless keyboard.

Abel

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message