Typing Foreign lettering

logrin 12:34 02 Apr 11

My new grandson has been called Thijs, a Dutch name, the ij is a u with two dots over it and a j tail when written in Dutch.

Is it possible to reproduce this letter on my computer with some key-pressing.

Another small quibble, I get scams daily from banks claiming my details are wrong and asking for my pins, account detailks etc., letters claiming that I have a fortune due from a legacy in the USA wanting my bank details, letters from the "Inland Revenue" claiming I am owed thousands and wanting bank details, also the odd Nigerian wanting to put millions into my bank account, send details. They all come on my hotmail address, I have a second g-mail address which I use for competitions and this remains clean. Does hotmail sell e-mail addresses to scammers, why do they all come on this site. logrin

uk-wizard 12:45 02 Apr 11

It you are writing you letter in Word then you should find that letter in - insert > symbols.
Same if you use Outlook.

Thats what comes of having a hotmail sddress *grin* No, Hotmail dont sell adresses on but it is the most used and havested by scammers.

mooly 13:27 02 Apr 11

Thüs ?

That's in windows character map... don't know if that helps.
click here

lotvic 14:18 02 Apr 11

To type ü Hold down Alt and keyin 0252 on numberpad
(the two little dots are called Diaeresis)

The emails you get are SPAM - welcome to what most of rest us get - don't open any, just delete them from your pc.
You could login on your webmail and mark them as spam there so at least you won't get more from the same sender.

lotvic 14:40 02 Apr 11

If his name is Thÿs
To type ÿ Hold down Alt and keyin 0255 on numberpad
Chart click here

logrin 15:48 03 Apr 11

Thanks for your help, Alt 0255 is what I wanted. logrin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…