Typing clos I.E.

geoff47 01:26 13 Sep 03

WhEn typing hEre WIN. closEs....anD stRangE
thiNgs happen.
nOW cAP LOCK IS ON ANd IT CLOSeS ON CerTAIN LeTTerS...........rUN OPeNS Or
heLP PLeASe
GeOff47

Djohn 01:56 13 Sep 03

Morning geoff, are you seeing a message on-screen that your PC is going to close down?

geoff47 02:06 13 Sep 03

SorrY NOTHING ...eLSe...APOGIeS fOr STrANGe fONTS
fINd fILeS Or cOnPUTOr OPeNS... THe LeTTer AfTer n WOnT wOrK...AT ALL
dAUGHTer HAS InSTALLed kAZZA...
feeL fOOLISH dOInG THIS....heLP
geOff47

AndySD 02:20 13 Sep 03

Kazza is well known for infecting computers with viruses... click here and use the free online virus check.

Djohn 02:20 13 Sep 03

You will need to remove Kazza, it looks as though it has brought some virus with it. Use a removal tool then do a full scan for any virus. I think you have AVG and Adaware on your system, but here are the websites in case you have not.

Adaware click here

AVG click here

Kazzabegone click here

Gaz 25 02:24 13 Sep 03

or a free click here checkup which will remove trojans, jokes and all the nasties too. It also has unknown virus detection.

geoff47 03:42 13 Sep 03

Have run the lot ....had no virus.But the problem now is how do I explain her new toy gone?
Hope I dont get Mum and daughter ganging up on me.
Thanks again.
Geoff47

geoff47 01:26 14 Sep 03

Never had a problem like that before.
Now everything is normal let me try to explain what was happening.
When searching on Google found that typing "m" the browser mininmised other letters struck had different results,some brought up My Desktop,another Run box,while another Find files ,each time minimising browser.
My stilted typing was the result of that,an achievement for me to converse and for you to understand? but very annoying.
Things were a litle slow reacting when I booted up tonight,and to be honest have installed Blubster to meet my daughter half way,the lesser of two evils maybe,but even that is not working when tested tonight...so I am in trouble tomorrow.
Thanks for all your help and I trust Kazza wont return,but I am not here all the time and my daughter is sure its the bees knees...what can one do?
Geoff47

wiznyme 01:36 14 Sep 03

Vaguely remember that there used to be a way of locking the windows key on, so that taping the "R" key would bring up the run box, "M" would bring up minimise, "E" would bring up explorer etc.

I rememeber seeing it set on Win98 systems a couple of times by accident & having to tap the windows key 3/4 times to clear it, due to senility I can't remember how to start it.

If you're running Win98 may have been this to blame & not Kazza

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…