Type of Memory?

ribo 10:16 06 Jul 03

Can anyone please tell me how do I find out what type of memory I have. "Belarc" says "Slot DDR 1 has 512 MB." It does not tell me the type etc.
My MoBo is an Asus A7N8X which I understand supports Dual-channel 400DDR Ram. I went to the Crucial site,but it directed me to install Belarc. Any help will be appreciated. J

wicked willy 10:36 06 Jul 03

Hi Ribo, I wonder if this thread could help you as it tells you what you system has and you can print it out and keep it , look at click here Bill

Jamie.com 10:37 06 Jul 03

I think thae SiSoftare Sandra benchmark will.
Go to SiSoftware website and download
the Sandra Benchmark install and
it should run without rebooting.
The System Summary utility will tell
you how much and what type of memmory
you have.

User-312386 10:41 06 Jul 03

click here for all the info on your motherboard

madboy33

Kudu 10:47 06 Jul 03

Pull the memory out and look at the label that's normally stuck to the side.You can be certain then.

ribo 11:08 06 Jul 03

Thanks for your help. I already have Belarc installed WICkED WILLY and it does not tell me. Thanks Madboy33. I have all the info on my MoBo but it does not tell me what I have only what I can have.I shal try Sisoftware Sandr and if all else fails will do as KUDU suggests. I thought behaps there wa some way of finding out from the computer. System info or something. Thanks again.

accord 11:52 06 Jul 03

you should have got a mobo manual when you bought youre pc or mobo, it will tell you in there or do as madboy33 says, visit the asus website

ribo 16:38 06 Jul 03

Accord, Thanks for your input. I have a MOBo manual and I have visited the Asus website. I know what memory I can have. What I want to know is what memory I HAVE The MoBo supports PC 3200/PC2700/PC1600 etc. and the max. I can have is 3Gb.All this does not answer my question.Perhaps there is no answer except by taking it out and looking at it. Or perhaps I did not ask thje question correctly. Thanks anyway. J

DieSse 16:42 06 Jul 03

Try this system info tool - more comprehensive than Belarc

click here

Smiler 16:56 06 Jul 03

DieSse
I just downloaded and used the program your link refers to and it correctly identified my memory and lots more. excellent.

ribo 17:24 06 Jul 03

DieSse. Thank you very much. I have just downloaded Aida. It has told me all I wanted to know and more.Thanks again. J

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac