Is type of broadband connection possible??

julius44 19:32 14 Feb 07

hello all, i currently have a broadband connection for my desktop with tiscali, and i connect via a router as i share my connection with my ps2.

As my BT socket is across the room and my pc on the other side...i connected the wire UNDER the carper to connect to router via my pc. and all is fine.....but now is there ANY way possible to have a WIRE FREE broadband connection for my DESKTOP PC??? I'd like to get RID of the wire to my router...but i'll need that for my internet, pls give me as MANY suggestions as possible

STREETWORK 19:34 14 Feb 07

You need to tell us what router/modem you are using to ensure that it is capable of wireless networking...

Technotiger 20:16 14 Feb 07

Hi, don't forget to Green Tick (Resolved) your other thread.

Cheers

julius44 22:56 14 Feb 07

Hello Streetwork my router is a linksys ADSL SRX 200 4-port router, and i share my connection with my playstation 2 games console.....thats why I had to get the router in the first place, and I i xplained b4, the phone lines is half the way across the room, so the wire goes under my carpet from the BT socket into my router across the room, and my router goes into the port behind my Dell pc

Ashrich 23:46 14 Feb 07

Is the SRX200 not a wireless router , all you'll need is a wireless connection from your desktop PC , a USB wireless card would be easiest , you can then move the router nearer to the phone socket and have just the ADSL link plugged in and no wires to the PC .

Ashley

julius44 23:52 14 Feb 07

Hi Ashrich, what is a USB wireless card though?? Does this mean i'd have to open up my PC?? cos i dont wanna touch that, also pls tell me what u think of this router called the Netgear WPN824, as i'm considering going to virgin media, and they use DSL lines for their broadband, and as my current router is the Linksys wireless G, ADSL SRX 200, i dont think this will be compatible IF/when i do switch, Also if u could point me in the direction of any other decent cable DSL routers pls, thanks!!

Strawballs 00:56 15 Feb 07

If you dont want to open your case you can get a USB adapter click here

Strawballs 00:59 15 Feb 07

If you are going to cable then the Linksys wrt54g or gs are good routers but not all of Virgin Media is cable their exsisting Virgin.net still use BT lines.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac