Two Windows Options at Boot

Legslip 14:13 12 Nov 10

I recently reformated a pals PC and he had Win XP Pro on it but it showed illegal. I put a legal copy of XP Home on it and all is well but when it boots it asks if I want to login to Home or Pro. Can I get rid of this message and have it boot straight into Home?

gengiscant 14:15 12 Nov 10

Use EasyBCD to get rid of the entry.click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:06 12 Nov 10

Easy BCD is for Vista W7

All you need to do is Edit the boot.ini file to remove reference to the pro version then delete any windows files left from the pro version.

Have a look at the hard drive and see if you have two versions of windows i.e. C:\windows and C:\windows.ooo

Legslip 22:18 12 Nov 10

Thanks Fruit Bat. Have had a bo-peep @ My Computer C: Drive and csn only see a folder "Windows". Am I barkin up the right tree?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:21 12 Nov 10

OK then try Start - run type msconfig
boot.ini tab - click check all boot paths

or
Edit the boot.ini file to remove reference to the pro version

Legslip 22:48 12 Nov 10

Fruit Bat, you are one clever b.....d! Brilliant. Many thanks and well done. SOLVED

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…