Two wi-fi printers in two locations

hpgran 17:57 PM 01 Mar 11

I have two Canon PIXMA MG5250 printers - one in London & one in Spain. Both are linked to the routers in their own location. The problem I have is that each time I move location I have to reinstall the printer in the other location which automatically deinstalls in the printer in the location I've just left. This is extremely tedious. Is there anyway I have both printers installed on my laptop?

mgmcc 20:35 PM 01 Mar 11

I suspect it isn't possible to have two *identical* printers installed simultaneously which necessarily involves using the same drivers. If a different printer was used in one of the locations, there wouldn't be a problem.

What you *might* be able to do is to have one installed as at present as a network printer and the other as a USB connected printer. That could just get round the current conflict. It's a question of trying it to see.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…