Two wi-fi printers in two locations

hpgran 17:57 01 Mar 11

I have two Canon PIXMA MG5250 printers - one in London & one in Spain. Both are linked to the routers in their own location. The problem I have is that each time I move location I have to reinstall the printer in the other location which automatically deinstalls in the printer in the location I've just left. This is extremely tedious. Is there anyway I have both printers installed on my laptop?

mgmcc 20:35 01 Mar 11

I suspect it isn't possible to have two *identical* printers installed simultaneously which necessarily involves using the same drivers. If a different printer was used in one of the locations, there wouldn't be a problem.

What you *might* be able to do is to have one installed as at present as a network printer and the other as a USB connected printer. That could just get round the current conflict. It's a question of trying it to see.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Driverless cars in the UK - The story so far: How Google and the UK Government are looking to test…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

You can now publish data visualisations to the web from Power BI

Complete guide to Apple's campus 2, everything we know about the new spaceship HQ, plus: new drone…