two unmounted volumes showing?

jake williamson 13:18 29 Aug 03

hi,

i've just installed roxio easy cd creator on my pc running w2k pro and now each time i restart, the disk checker comes up saying a disk called:

\\?\Volume{1d52b69a-c8f7-11d7-80ee-806d6172696f}

need checking. if i let it check it then goes on to check the c: drive.

in addition, the machine will now not shut down! it restarts, not matter what i do.

i've just run the disk defragmenter and it's showing two unmounted volumes with no drive letter. one showing 20mb with 6mb free space and one with 18mb and 15mb free.

has the installed really muched up something? it's begining to do me head in...

thanks for any advice,

jake

harry_b 19:31 29 Aug 03

have you updated from roxio's web site?

jake williamson 09:51 01 Sep 03

hi harry,

no joy - just downloaded the updater and ran it. the software seems to have updated but i'm still getting the 'cant shutdown, getting the disk checking at start up problem.'

begining to drive me mad!

thanks for your reply,

jake

jake williamson 09:53 01 Sep 03

in addition, i now get this dialog box everytime i start up:

roxio assistant ran successfully, ret code:tbl

what does that mean??!!

cheers,

jake

harry_b 19:30 02 Sep 03

The "take two" feature in roxio's software is not supported in win2k if this was installed in the first installation then you would have been asked if you wanted to remove it during the upgrade did this occur?,you should also remove any other cd recording software if you have any, and finally try uninstalling ezcd creator to see if the problems stop.

jake williamson 09:41 03 Sep 03

thanks harry, i'll try the 'uninstal' at shutdown today and let you know what happens.

the weird thing is that the machine is still really stable in opperation...

thanks for your help,

jake

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…