Two Routers

websurfowen 14:14 19 May 06

The wireless router is positioned on the bottom floor but i am unable to get a reception in certain area's in my home both upstairs and down. Is it possible to install two router, one upstairs and another downstairs. How could i work this out.

I have tried moving the router but no luck

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:58 19 May 06

Some tips here click here

Hertz Van Rentyl 15:25 19 May 06

Maybe a reposition or a repeater may be better, you may have a problem with IP addresses using several routers.

Hertz Van Rentyl 15:31 19 May 06

I have the same problem in the area of my main computer, I now have a panel antenna on a 3 metre extension sitting on the dresser, gone from no signal to excellent, you may have to experiment a bit, I bought a hotspot finder to survey the house, with startling results.

vinnyT 11:47 20 May 06

Or, as i do, get a long ethernet cable (maplin, scan, etc) and use that to connect.

Or build your own cantenna ariel 'How To Build A Tin Can Waveguide WiFi Antenna' at click here.

Very easy to build, and really work, I did one for a mate a couple of yrs ago so he could work in the garden (or wherever he liked in his house, a big house).

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…