Two questions about Outlook please...

Antonio Machado 22:29 09 Apr 09

Hola experts !

First and foremost, isn't this website a great one ? we all get expert advice, warnings, good suggestions, keep up the good job !

I have some questions about Outlook: (a) I understand this program is part of Windows XP, am I right ? (b) I have Windows XP and whenever I turn on my PC automatically gets in my screen, so how can I access to outlook ? from any menu ? (c) I would like to writte several reminders for instance family birthdays, can I do it on Outlook ? thanks in advance for your help, best, Antonio Machado.

brundle 22:36 09 Apr 09

Microsoft Outlook is part of Microsoft Office.

Microsoft Outlook Express is part of Windows 95,98,ME,2000,XP. It was replaced by Windows Mail in Vista but is basically the same program.

Outlook has lots of features, email is just one of them. click here

Outlook Express is for email and newsgroups and that's it - it was left behind on that front a long time ago by freebies such as Mozilla Thunderbird. click here

You can install a calendar add-on called Lightning into Thunderbird which will do what you want; click here

I ought to mention Sunbird too, which is another Mozilla product - but I've never actually used it, and it's still yet to reach version 1.0 - click here

anchor 11:58 10 Apr 09

Possibly you are thinking of Outlook Express, which is an e-mail programme, and part of Win-XP. As far as I know, this does not provide date reminders.

Outlook, as stated above, is part of Microsoft Office, which is quite a separate programme.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5