Two queries.

The Teacher 21:54 24 Sep 05

Recently, and it has not happened before, when I close Internet Explorer I get the error message "Internet Explorer as had to close, etc., etc." and the option to send or not send to Microsoft. This happens every time I close IE and regardless of whether I use the cross or use file, close.

The second problem is that tonight I have installed a new webcam, which works fine, but after rebooting, as per instructions, ZoneAlarm Pro came with "New network detected, IP 4.0.1.0/255.255.255.255". I had the option only to click OK. When I checked in ZA it shows only in the Zones section of the Firewall option. I haven't got a clue what this network is, and I do not have a home network. My BT Broadband connection is listed as normal in the same area.

I run WinXP Pro, with IE6.

Can anyone help with these items?

Many thanks

The Teacher

VoG II 21:57 24 Sep 05

For the first problem try a repair click here

keith-236785 00:37 25 Sep 05

as for the second problem, in the zones section, remove the bogus network config (right click and Remove), fire up your webcam again (you might have to reboot your pc) and see what happens, if you get the same thing happen and everything still works, i wouldnt worry. you have just double checked thats all.

for reference, i have my internet connection listed

and also a loopback adaptor 127.0.0.1 dont know what thats for though im pretty sure its to do with my network settings (i do have a home network)

The Teacher 19:45 25 Sep 05

Thanks both. I haven't done yours yet VoG as I haven't the time at the moment to do so. It will be done later in the week and I will post up if successfull or not.

Yours worked Paperman, the address is no longer showing in ZoneAlarm.

The Teacher

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…