Two problems with XP.

pbrstreetgang 14:14 04 Oct 03

I'm sure the solutions to my problems are very simple, but they're driving me mad. Please help!

Firstly, when I'm not connected to the net, i constantly get the connection box popping up. This incredibly annoying, especially when I'm trying to write letters, or play games, 'cos it kicks me out of the game. How can i stop it?

Secondly, i like my explorer window to lauch in full screen without any menu at the left side, but every time i open explorer, the search bar is there. I want rid!!!

Djohn 14:20 04 Oct 03

For the first problem. Open IE, then click on tools from the toolbar and select options. From the window that appears, click on "Connections" and place a dot in the circle, "Never dial a connection" This should stop the connection box from coming up on screen until you actually want it to. j.

johnnyrocker 14:22 04 Oct 03

firstly check in your dial up/network settings that you havent got disconnect if idle ticked or disconnect when not in use.

by menu at the side are you referring to history? if so just click on the little x at the top of the menu box and u should revert to full screen.

cheers.

johnny

Djohn 14:24 04 Oct 03

Second problem! open IE Then click on the "Search button" to close down the search panel. Close IE and re-open, it should now open in full screen.

If you want the search or history pane open, just click on respective buttons, but close them down again before you log off IE. j.

pbrstreetgang 14:32 04 Oct 03

Thanks Djohn. That's sorted out my first problem, but the second one keeps coming back. Even if i close all the menu bars when i log off and close down, the search bar is there again when i launch again. Really annoying i can tell you.

thms 14:46 04 Oct 03

Go to view explorer bar and untick search.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…